Monday 16 January 2017


English language challenges

Learning English at university has been difficult for me because I don’t know much about it, just the basic things that I learned at school. To be honest I never thought that I would make use of this language but now I see that is very important to know even a bit of English. Most times I asked my cousin to help me with some vocabulary to write the posts we have had to do this semester because I feel like I still lack a lot. But the use of blogs to do them has been a big help to exchange knowledge and compare my level with my other classmates and sometimes I could even add words I read on their posts that I didn’t know to my vocabulary.
What I think I need to improve of my English is the correct use of past and present tense, to not forget the addition of suffixes to verbs in third person and what needs more attention is my pronunciation. If writing in English is difficult, speaking English is harder. I have a hard time trying to pronounce some words in a correct way because I never speak in English but I still try my best.

Other than in my English class, I don’t really make use of this language. Sometimes I read some things of my interest on the internet that are in English and what I don’t know I ask my cousin about it and I don’t know if it counts but I like to sing songs of American or British artists and I try to know what the lyrics talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment